This is a FREE memorial event for families who have experienced the loss of a pregnancy at any gestation or the loss of an infant.
Ninth Annual Walk To Remember for Perinatal and Infant Loss
Sat, October 1, 2022
10:00 AM – 2:00 PM EDT
Huntertown Family Park Pavilion
2303 Woods Road
Huntertown, IN 46818
About this event
The Walk offers something for everyone. Our highlighted activity is a one mile memorial walk around the park following a banner with your baby’s name on it. We will also have other stations with additional activities leading up to the walk itself, such as:
– Resource Tent: Filled with information on many area organizations that specialize in memorial items, support groups, and so much more.
– Chalk Art: A wonderful activity for the entire family to draw on a section of the 1-mile path to remember your baby.
– Family Craft: This year’s craft is decorating a flowerpot, with forget-me-not seed to plant.
– Family Photography: We have beautiful props and a professional photographer capture your family – a keepsake that can be added to the ways you continue to remember and honor your angel baby’s memory.
– Refreshments: We are always overwhelmed with our donation from Prairie Farms and other local companies who provide milk, juice, coffee, hot cocoa, snacks, and baked goods.
– Free Raffle: We have been working with area companies to create a few lovely care baskets to raffle off. Something to bring a smile to your day, if just for a moment. You will receive a ticket to enter to win whichever basket you would like.
– Balloon Release: each family will receive a balloon following the memorial walk, which they can write a message to their angel baby, which will be released together.
A gentle reminder that absolutely everything we do at Walk to Remember is at no cost to you. Everything is FREE to participate in. We hope you’ll join us.