The Northeast Indiana Jewish Genealogy Society will be hosting its 4th annual open house, “Meet Your Mishpocha,” on Sunday, September 11th from noon until 2:00 p.m. at the Rifkin Campus, 5200 Old Mill Road, in Fort Wayne.
Designed to help people connect with their Jewish roots, this event will be held in-person with an option for guests to attend three presentations virtually.
This year’s presentations include:
• Mike Brown, executive director of the Indiana Jewish Historical Society (IJHS), speaking on the history of IJHS in northeast Indiana
• Sara Allen, genealogy librarian at the Genealogy Center of the ACPL, discussing DNA research
• Suzanne Grimmer, archivist, who will speak about preservation
On-site features include:
• Advice on digitizing photographs and documents including opportunities for scanning
• Expert advice with beginning one’s family history or forging ahead with one’s current research
• Insights with interviewing people for oral history research and up-close accounts of the local Oral History Project
• Virtual tours of the NEIJGS’ Fort Wayne Jewish Families Database
• Information of the ACPL Genealogy Center and the Allen County Genealogical Society
Door prizes available to attendees include a free DNA kit!