FLSA Classification: Full-time, Exempt, Salary
Reports to: Development Director
Date Posted: March 9, 2023
Salary: $40,000.00 per year
Essential Functions of the Position:
This position’s primary role is to engage donors and community members of all ages with the content and services of PBS Fort Wayne, including PBS Learning Media and PBS Kids, by developing activities, workshops and initiatives in the surrounding community. The Education Outreach Manager is responsible for researching and acquiring additional funding sources to finance community outreach through grants or partnering with local companies and organizations. This role coordinates the media and marketing surrounding PBS KIDS activities, including, but not limited to, social media, print marketing and on-air marketing. This position’s secondary role is to oversee the PBS Fort Wayne’s Explorer Club in conjunction with the Development Coordinator and maintain its growth.
Who Are We?
PBS Fort Wayne provides high quality telecommunications services which enhances the quality of life in the communities we serve through educational, informational, cultural and entertaining programs and services.
Essential functions include:
- Develop, promote, and execute education outreach workshops and events that connect the content and services of PBS Fort Wayne, including PBS Learning Media and PBS Kids initiatives, virtually and in-person, with our regional community.
- Manage, promote, and grow PBS Fort Wayne’s Explorer Club, a membership-based kids’ club that provides monthly educational outreach activities to its members.
- Regularly communicate PBS Fort Wayne’s role as an educational resource to stakeholders (educators, donors, families, etc.).
- Develop, secure funding, promote, and execute education specific projects as they arise to community members of all ages. Projects may include PBS Fort Wayne Wayne’s Writers Contest, community screenings, discussion panels, and workshops.
- Serve as the station’s liaison with schools, teachers, community partners, local government and other educational organizations and institutions.
- Maintain ongoing contact with PBS Kids organizers-monthly webinars, new show initiatives, workshops, etc
- Maintain a database of education-oriented organizations and institutions for use by PBS Fort Wayne.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of all donor interactions.
- Seek out additional funding and partnerships with area and national grantors, companies, and non-profits.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 2 years of similar experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in marketing or communications
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience planning and implementing public events with measurable outcomes.
- This position requires the ability to work independently in an effective and efficient manner while maintaining communication and status reports with managers.
- Experience working with local education institutions a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including WORD, EXCEL and OUTLOOK. Must have experience using Constant Contact, InDesign and WordPress. – is this really a must have? Too specific. Maybe we could say, must have experience with email marketing, graphic design, and website building tools.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a multi-tasking environment.
- No Supervisory Experience Required
What Are The Perks Of Working at PBS Fort Wayne?
- Annual Salary of $40,000.00
- MTO (Managed Time Off) – 144 hours for first year employee
- Paid Holidays off + 2 floating holidays (This is in addition to MTO hours)
- Extremely generous health, dental, and vision benefits
- Robust Employee Assistance Plan through Parkview
- 403b retirement plan, matching after 1 year
- Life insurance – No cost to employee (additional units may be purchased)
- Long-term disability- No cost to employee
- Access to Big Bird and Elmo (well, sorta)
Majority of work will be in-office, does require some travel-not overnight. Must be able to sit for several hours and be able to lift up to 25lbs. Working hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday. Schedule may have to be flexible for occasional outreach events, overtime is not permitted. If working an event outside of work hours, the employee’s schedule will be changed with approval from Manager.
Other duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
A clear drug screen and background check required. Incumbents must be vaccinated against COVID or qualify for an exemption.
PBS Fort Wayne is an equal opportunity employer. Working for PBS Fort Wayne is about joining a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable everyone at PBS Fort Wayne to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a workplace of diversity and inclusion.
How To Apply:
Direct your résumé and cover letter to:
PBS Fort Wayne
2501 East Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562
Attn: Human Resources
Please note that PBS Fort Wayne makes a strong effort to fill job openings by considering the qualifications, background, experience, and employment record of each individual applicant. PBS Fort Wayne is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status.
Candidates of interest will be contacted.
Kelsey Rutledge, via email at: email@example.com