PBS Fort Wayne is seeking a Digital Content Specialist.
FLSA Classification: Full-time, Exempt, Salary
Reports to: Operations Manager
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for implementing and directing the daily digital marketing and branding activities for PBS Fort Wayne. This includes concept development and implementation of the PBS voice and branding on various digital platforms. Using their skills in messaging through writing, graphic design, video production, platform knowledge and data analysis, the Digital Content Specialist will create content that builds meaningful connections with PBS Fort Wayne and our audience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Create and maintain the digital messaging strategies through research, asset management, platform determination, and available data.
- Collate, create, edit, and publish engaging content, and adjust to maximize impact and influence
- Collaborate with coworkers on the optimization of daily messaging and campaigns, scheduling within each platform and analyzing performance.
- Create reports with analysis for different audiences (internal, funders, board)
- Communicate and reply to followers in a timely manner using the PBS brand and voice
- Keep current on technology and social media trends
- Other duties as assigned
Required education, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited institution or equivalent non-volunteer work experience.
- Professional experience creating messaging, social media content, publishing and analytics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with various platforms and software, including but not limited to Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, WordPress, Bento, and Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be a self-starter and work with a team
Supervisory responsibilities: This position does not currently have supervisory responsibilities.
Work environment: Weekly M-F daytime schedule at our PBS Fort Wayne studio. Some evenings and weekends will be required.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to sit for several hours and be able to lift up to 25lbs.
Travel required: There may be some local travel required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About PBS Fort Wayne: PBS Fort Wayne is an equal opportunity employer. Working for PBS Fort Wayne is about joining a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable everyone at PBS Fort Wayne to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a workplace of diversity and inclusion.
PBS Fort Wayne
2501 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562
WFWA (PBS Fort Wayne) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status.
Candidates of interest will be contacted.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until this position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.