Job Opening: Development Coordinator
FLSA Classification: Full Time
Reports to: Membership Operations Manager
Summary/objective: This position primarily provides support for the Membership/Development Department. The secondary role is to oversee the front desk functions as a first point of contact for guests and vendors.
Essential functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
Support for Development Department including but not limited to:
- Daily donor acknowledgments
- PBS Digs
- Assist in credit card recovery
- Mail premium gifts to donors
- Maintain mailing lists-update with area death notice, new addresses, etc.
- Maintain record of donor activity by noting it in donor account
- Assists with development special events
- Oversee Front Desk- Monitor visitor access, keep lobby presentable, notify of guests, answer phones
Required education, experience, and skills:
- 3 years office experience, or similar
- Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Previous clerical experience preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including WORD, EXCEL and OUTLOOK.
- Previous experience with a multi-line phone system required. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must have polished, pleasant and professional communication skills and ability to handle difficult calls.
- Must have the ability to be a team player and maintain donor confidentiality
Supervisory responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work environment: Work is completely in office, no working from home
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Must be able to sit for several hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
Travel required: There is no travel required for this position, just to the office.
Schedule: This position allows for 40 hours per week. The schedule is currently Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Other duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Clear drug screen and background check required. Incumbents must be vaccinated against COVID or qualify for an exemption.
Please note that PBS Fort Wayne makes a strong effort to fill job openings by considering the qualifications, background, experience, and employment record of each individual applicant. PBS Fort Wayne is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status.
Working for PBS Fort Wayne is about joining a culture of openness, collaboration, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. We strive to continually lead with our values and beliefs that enable everyone at PBS to develop their potential, bring their full self to the workplace, and engage in a workplace of diversity and inclusion.
How To Apply:
To express interest in this position, please fill out the online application at:
Or, email your resume to:
Or, direct your resume to:
PBS Fort Wayne
2501 East Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562
Attn: Human Resources – Dev Cord
Contact: Kelsey Rutledge, via email at: HumanResources@wfwa.org